Saturday, June 18, 2011

Life in Seattle: Past presents Future (day10-12)

I work inside here. YES
 It is breath-taking to look back four years ago, one year ago, four months ago, four weeks ago, even four days ago, and realize how much life can change in that time period, how much you can change.

In five days, I have gone from settling into my apartment and walking around Seattle and riding my first bus, to receiving a job and working for the first time in Pike's Place Market. .... THAT'S CRAZY!

And it only gives me more peace.
Peace is not something I've had much of in the past year. I was constantly worried and wondering if I had made a mistake choosing to pursue my passions over worldly common sense. Would I think I had made a mistake? Would I have regrets? I've dreamed many things that felt so out of reach and I questioned myself much (as everyone does in a season of change) in the transitional time of my senior year at college.
Ah the original Starbucks, again, right outside my work
I was so unsure.

And now- here I am. And it's more than I could have ever dreamed.


And I'm still uncertain of so many things, things involving the future and eventually the next transitional phases in life.

So when I sat down to have a coffee (at the original Starbucks, mind you) before I walked into my first day at work in the one and only Pike's Place Market, it hit me-all of that peace and understanding, because of how much I was unsure of one year ago when I was in Seattle and seeing the market for the first time, and how now within just one year- I am living one of my biggest dreams by being and working here.


And these are the things I decided (and felt) with even more peace.

1. I don't know is a beautiful answer. And an okay one too.
In fact, it's great, not needing to know how things will work out- but instead, listening to that voice inside, doing it, and trusting God that what will be, will be.

2. Do look back. And often. It makes the unkown so much easier to see how far you have come, how beautiful life pieces together in mysterious ways, and how lovely those traces that follow behind you are. They are the fuel for the unknown future.

3. Embrace the unknown. It is where you grow the most, learn the most, and become the most.

Whatever unknown you're facing, you can make it. And you will. (Please remind me of this too)

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen" - Ralph Waldo Emerson






The cutest little shop- my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment