Monday, June 13, 2011

Life in Seattle: My Chapter (day6&7)

Ahh books
I am officially moved in and beginning my own adventures here.
Early this morning I took my mom to the airport, and it was one of the weirdest things to do. To watch her get out of my car and leave, realizing that it is just me and the city now. So thus begins..

Chapter 1: Love
I just had to buy the Onward Starbucks book, and I must tell you that so far it has been an excellent read, better than I had imagined. The first part of the book is called Love, and I think that's fitting for the book, and fitting for my life right now as well.

I am experiencing love in so many new ways right now. I have fallen in love with a city across the country and have left my home and everything safe and consistent to risk it all for this love.

I have fallen in love with theatre, and am also pursing that. Theatre, much like all arts, is a risky business. It has extreme highs and lows, and it's said that only the insane can truly choose this lifestyle.

My relationship with people has also been more loving. Our friends, our family, and our relationships are the cords that bind us throughout so much distance. They are the things that get us through the venting, the bad days, the celebrations, and all the change. I have been blessed to have so many wonderful, talented, and giving people in my life, and I see that more now than ever before.

I hope you pursue love in every way with everything that you have. There will be highs, there will be lows. There will be pain and suffering, but there will be dancing. And I believe that in the end, the dancing is what ends the night anyway.


Here are some little pieces of Onward to persuade you to buy it too :)

My Seattle flowers
"There are moments in our lives when we summon the courage to make choices that go against reason, against common sense and the wise counsel of people we trust. But we lean forward nonetheless because, despite all risks and rational argument, we believe that the path we are choosing is the right and best thing to do. We refuse to be bystanders, even if we do not know exactly where our actions will lead. This is the kind of passionate conviction that sparks romances, wins battles, and drives people to pursue dreams others wouldn't dare. Belief in ourselves and in what is right catapults us over hurdles, and our lives unfold."

No comments:

Post a Comment