Saturday, March 31, 2012

it was all yellow


In this lifetime we go through things that no one should ever have to go through.
This happens to all of us, this much I know.

Sometimes there are no answers. The difference is what you do regardless, despite, and because of what you've been through.

Some people hurt others (sadly- metaphorically, emotionally, verbally, and physically) in their tracks because of the pain they've been through.
Some people are on the other side of that.
Some people hurt themselves.

People say you shouldn't fight fire with fire.
I'm tired of the fighting, period. And as hippie or cliche as this might be, I'd rather be the person on the other side, weaving flowers around the guns, handing out yellow flowers.

It's no secret that in the past year I've experienced more heartbreak than I thought would ever be possible.
It's also no secret that in the past year I've experienced more wonderful things than I thought would ever be possible.

I can't weigh these things on a scale, tell you which one means more. They are all real things I have, am, and will certainly go through again. They are all my emotions, raw and genuine and honest. 

"Idea for a short story. The shore of a lake, a young girl who's spent her whole life beside it, a girl like you. She loves the lake the way a seagull does, and she's happy and free as a seagull. Then a man comes along, sees her, and ruins her life because he has nothing better to do. Destroys her like this seagull here."
 -Chekhov

At some point in our lives, we are all seagulls.
The only thing I know to do is to keep flying, to keep dancing, to keep handing out flowers to everyone.
To breathe in yellow. This is who I am.
What I do might not be important, but it's very important that I do it.
Flowers will fade, nothing can last for forever in its original condition but this is my hope, my prayer:
That my flying, my dancing, my flowers, will be a dandelion for you. A small, delicate, fragile flower- but give it enough hope, a wish, and a breath, and out into the world are twenty more wishes to grow somewhere new. With each new wish and belief, thousands more float into the sky, promising another chance.
I pray to be a part of that. To give you that.
And I pray for you to choose to be on the other side, the side handing out the flowers.
Keep flying, keep dancing, keep spreading fields of wishes.
If only we all chose to hand out flowers. What a different world this would be.



Amy: We didn't make a difference at all. 
The Doctor: I wouldn't say that. The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Hey. 
 The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant. 

If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think, but the most important thing is, even we're apart, I'll always be with you." - Winnie the Pooh


"What I've noticed is that people who love what they do, regardless of what that might be, tend to live longer." - Philip Glass 


No comments:

Post a Comment