Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 Resolutions brought to you by the letter H

Reunited for Christmas!

What are your new year's resolutions? Or are you a naysayer to creating them?




It's taken me a long time to think about what I'd like 2013 to be like for me, what I'd like to accomplish... The truth is, for the majority of 2012 I couldn't imagine another year. I couldn't imagine making it through to the next day. I had so many ups and downs that I felt like I was bending to my breaking point. And many days, I did break.

For me, 2012 was about surviving. Living through another day and making the choice to get up and do something, to get up and do anything. Through my family's love and support, through God's grace and blessings, through my friends' encouragement and humor, I did. I am thankful for each and everyone one of these things, and I am thankful for you, dear readers. You have been a part of my journey, and I am thankful for that. Looking back on 2012 and my first year of life after graduation, I also see so many other things to be thankful for.

In one year I.....
- moved 5 times
-worked 10 different jobs (with up to 5 of them at the same time)
-performed in 5 shows with 5 different theatre companies, including my 1st equity theatre performance, and including the wonderful opportunities to play Wendla, Chava, and Helena
-built 1 awesome dining room table ready to seat four
-tripped walking down Queen Anne hill 4 times
-tripped walking up Queen Anne hill 2 times
- only managed to ruin 2 pairs of tights from said tripping
- taken care of more than 40 babies/toddlers under the age of three (not all at once though!)
-taught theatre classes to more than 100 kids of all ages
-cried countless times, laughed countless times, and made more good memories than I could have imagined

After all this, I realized that I want my 2013 to be full of H's.

More-

Healthy
I haven't always taken good care of myself. I forget to eat. I am always sleep deprived. I lost an unhealthy amount of weight and spent the last year bouncing around it. I want to be excited to eat. I want to take the best care of myself. I want to be stronger.

Home
I want to be home more. I want home to come to me more. I miss my family more than anything in the world, and I want to find ways to see them more often. I want to make wherever I live feel more like I want my home to feel like.

Hope
I want to believe in myself more. I want to look forward to the future and stop worrying about everything so much. I want to give myself more credit for what I know I am capable of accomplishing.

Homework
I want to read even more plays and literature. I want to grown and learn and continue to study my art in whatever way and means I can.

Hellos
I want to be more free in my social life. Instead of saying no and letting my introverted self take control, I want to say yes. Sure. Why not?

Hugs
I love hugs. Why do we not hug more?

Help
 I want to be better in asking for it, without feeling so guilty about it. Instead of telling everyone I'm find and can do it on my own when I know otherwise. Including but not limited to opening jars, reaching things on high shelves...

Happiness
I want to continue to learn how to be happy while pursuing happiness.

I hope whatever 2013 brings, that it brings us closer, stronger, wiser, and happier. Here's to a new year, and here's to enjoying wherever we are, on the way to wherever we are going.

-A

My year roughly summed up in some pictures below. Enjoy~



"There is nothing like a dream to create the future."
- Les Mis

 

"So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be." -The Perks of Being a Wallflower





Wendla

"Think of the future as a bowl of fresh milk with sugar and cinnamon. One man spills it and cries, the other one churns it and sweats. Why not skim the cream off?" - Spring Awakening


Chava
















Holly
Helena









 "That is the true season of love, when we believe that we alone can love, that no one could ever have loved so before us, and that no one will love in the same way after us." -Goethe

Imagine the outrage. Imagine what people will say.
-Steven Dietz





No comments:

Post a Comment